Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The little guy is changing so fast. He's running everywhere now, he builds up some steam and his head gets way out ahead of his body and at some point he trips. But he seems to love the rush cause he keeps doing it over and over again.

He likes to hear his own voice, he's got about 20 words in his vocabulary and he likes blurt them out when he doing laps around the kitchen or right when he wakes up and laying in the crib. I think his first multi-syllabic word is "Elmo"; still hasn't said any semblance of Momma or Dadda...

I helped him dribble his first basketball earlier this week! Regulation size of course (why start with a small ball? we're not aspiring to be in the WNBA) I would dribble the ball in front of him at his height and every couple of bounces he would slap the ball down- with his left hand of course.

He has a thing now about finding the heaviest thing in the room and trying to pick it up and carry it around. I'm impressed sometimes at the things he can lift. And if he can't pick it up, he'll keep working at if until we distract him (I'm not sure if that is good work ethic or hard-headedness; since he is my son, I'm guessing the latter).

I got to meet Karen and Daryl's daughter, Kamryn, yesterday. Just a week old and so tiny, I can't even remember when Josh was that small. I can't wait until she gets bigger so she and Josh can play together.

He also had his 12 month exam last week and weighed in at a slim 22lbs 11oz. He got 4 shots and cried a bit but felt all better when he got a sticker from his big buddy, Simon.

1 comment:

Lawrence Tam said...

make sure to capture pictures and video. they grow very fast.